Thai Pumpkin Curry (Vegan)
Ingredients for vegan curry paste:
½ Medium red onion – roughly chopped
2 Big garlic clove
1 Small red chilli-chunky chopped
2piece Lemon peel
1/2tsp Ginger paste
1/2tsp Lemongrass paste
1/2tsp Rapeseed oil
1/2tsp Ground nutmeg
1/4tsp Ground black pepper
1/4tsp Ground coriander
1/4tsp Ground nutmeg
Ingredient for the curry:
300gram Cooking pumpkin-chunky chopped.
300 ml Thai cooking nut milk
2tbs Coconut oil
1/2tbs Coconut sugar
1/2tbs Fish sauce
1/4tsp Oyster sauce
-Put all the curry paste ingredients in an electric blender and blend until its form the paste.
-In mean time, put the chunky chopped pumpkin in the microwave for 3-4 minutes while cooking the curry paste.
– Put the coconut oil and curry paste in the pan. Gently cooked it for approx. 2 minutes. Then add 150 ml of the coconut milk and cook for further 2 minutes.
-Add the cooked pumpkin, the rest of the coconut milk and water. Bring it to boil. Turn the heat down quickly once the curry reach the boiling point.
– Add the fish sauce, coconut sugar, honey, and oyster sauce. Stir gently then leave it to simmer approx. 15-20 minutes.
-That is it. Enjoy this lovely and velvety Thai Pumpkin Curry (Vegan) with steamed Thai jasmine rice for your dinner this week.
– Use the Thai coconut milk only. Click here Thai Kitchen Staples for the reason.
– Use only 2/3 of a red chilli if you would prefer the milder version.
– For vegetarian :Replace the fish sauce and oyster sauce with a vegetable oxo cube and 1/4 tsp of light soya sauce.