Simple Hot and Sour Soup
1 piece Frozen Salmon (approx 80 gram)
350 ml Water
2-3 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Red chilli-finely chopped
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 tsp Boullion powder
3/4 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Oyster sauce
1/4 tsp Lemongrass puree
1/4 tsp Ginger puree
1-2 Mint leaf-finely chopped (Optional)
– Put the water and frozen salmon into the pan and bring it to boil. Then turn the heat down to simmer.
– Add the bouillon powder, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Use the spoon to gently stir until the seasonings dissolved. Close the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add chopped red chilli, lemongrass puree and ginger puree. Again use the spoon to gently dissolves those ingredients. Close the lid and simmer for further 10 minutes.
-Transfer the soup into the serving bowl and garnish with chopped mint leaves.
– Enjoy this Simple Hot and Sour Soup as a lovely starter or light and low-fat main course.
– Do not over stir when you dissolving the seasonings in the soup. Try not to move or disturb the salmon fillet.
– If you used the fresh salmon fillet, cook all the seasoning in the water first and lastly add the salmon fillet. Then bring it to boil and simmer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.