2. Duck breast -skin on
1. Pinch of salt
1. Pinch of pepper
1/2tbs. Coconut oil
3-4. Cherry plum tomato
1tbs. Fish sauce
300ml Thai Coconut milk
150grams Pineapple -chunky cut
20. Basil leaf
Ingredients for curry paste:
1/2. Red onion-roughly chopped
1/2. Red chilli-roughly chopped
1thumbsize. Ginger-peeled and roughly chopped
5 stalks. Coriander
1piece. Lemon peel
1tsp. Lemon grass purée
1/2tsp. Ground nutmeg
1/2tsp. Ground cumin
1/2tsp. Ground black pepper
1/2tsp. Shrimp paste
– Put the red onion, red chilli,ginger,coriander,lemon peel ,lemon grass purée, ground nutmeg, ground cumin,ground black pepper , shrimp paste and salt in the electric blender ( or use a handheld blender) and blend all the ingredients well until they turn into paste.
– Pre heat the oven at 200 Celsius for 5-10 minutes.
– Use the kitchen towel to dry the duck skin. Seasons the duck breasts with salt and pepper.
– Put the coconut oil in the pan then fry the duck breasts (skin side down)for approximately 4 minutes or until the skin nicely golden and crisp. Transfer the duck breasts and tomatoes on the baking tray and roast them in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
– In the same pan which you just cooked the duck breasts, put 2-3 tablespoon of curry paste and gently fry the paste.
-Add coconut milk, pineapple, fish sauce,sugar,honey. Gently simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the basil leaves.
– Put the pineapple curry in the bowl then assemble duck breast and cherry plum tomatoes on the top. Serve this Roast Duck with Pineapple Curry with the steamed Thai Jasmine rice. Beautifully delishhhh. 😋
Tips : Add the left over juice from the roast duck tin in the curry for an extra intense flavour.