Pulled Pork In Chinese Spices
750grams. Boneless Pork shoulder with rinded skin
1tbs. Light soya sauce
1tsp. Dark soya sauce
2tbs. Brown sugar
2tsp. Ground black pepper
100gram. Chinese Spice mix*
1 Big Bramley apple cut in chunks
1 Big onion cut in chunks
1 Carrot cut in chunks
3. Garlic cloves chopped
1/2. Chicken stock cube
– Mix light ,dark soy sauce with sugar and garlic and rub the mixture on the pork. Then salt and ground black pepper. Leave it for 1 hour .
– Dry the pork skin with a kitchen towel. Then put the pork in a baking tray and then the oven at 220 Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
– Put the Chinese spices on a low heat pan and gently dry fry them for approx 10 minutes.
– Take the pork out and turn the oven down to 150 Celsius.All in the baking tray with the pork goes the spices, onion, carrot.
-Cover the baking tray with foil and put in back in the oven for 3 hours.
-After 3 hours, put Bramley apple in the baking tin, then back in the oven without the foil for 1 more hour.
– Take this pulled pork in Chinese Spices out of baking tin. Use the sif to strain the spices and vegetable away but use the gravy.
– Pour the gravy in the pan on hot stove,add half of chicken stock cube and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.Stir the gravy well.
There are two ways to serve Pulled Pork In Chinese Spices
1) My daughter loves it in Brioche bun, watercress and rocket salad .
2) I like to eat mine with aromatic Thai jasmine rice, Pak Choi and Sauerkraut
and top with silky gravy.
*My Chinese spice mix consists of 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 star anise , 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed, cloves, dry ginger, cardamom and licorice. If you can’t find these , try 3 tablespoon of five spice powder which will do the trick also*