You can get this product from internet, local health shop or oriental food store.Beware as it’s can be quite pricey. I am always bought it from my favourite teashop in local market www.cafe-tea-aire.co.uk. There are various way to prepare the Matcha tea. Here are my favourites.
1) Drink like your usual morning pick me up.
1/2ts Matcha powder 250ml.
Hot water preferably 70-80 Celsius
– Add Matcha powder and hot water in your favourite tea cup /mug
– Whisk gently,slowly,back and forth motion with bamboo matcha chasen #bamboo matcha whisk for approx 1 minute. Remember it’s not just about the final product. To create a lovely cup of Matcha tea ,involve this calming ritual.
– Whisk a bit quicker for further 15 seconds. Then sit down, keep calm and enjoy.
If you haven’t got a bamboowhisk. Try an extra small wooden spoon or 2 wooden chopsticks.Sorry, it’s hardly fancy with these kitchen tools isn’t it?
2) Drink like an expresso
I must say, I am not a big fan of this method but.. it’s good alternative if you haven’t got lots of time. Ultimately, this is a pure shot of antioxidant which will benefit your health.
1/2ts Matcha powder
80ml Hot water preferably
– Add Matcha powder and hot water in measuring jar or a big mug
– Use the electric frothier to mix the drink well. By the way, it will not become foamy like cappuccino!
– Transfer into expresso cup and ready to be served. *And please remember the drink still be very hot!*
If you have got sweet tooth, my recommendation is to enjoy Matcha Tea with super sweet bite snack i.e. Turkish delight ,Marshmallow or dried fruit than added sugar…Sorry folks.