Ingredients for curry paste:
1 Roast Red chilli
2 clove Garlic
1/2 Red onion chunks chopped
10gram Ginger -peeled and chunky chopped
1tbs Lemon grass purée
2 Kaffir lime leaf
3pieces Lime peel
25gram Lesser galangal-lengthways sliced
1/2tsp Shrimp paste
Ingredients for curry:
2 piece Smoked haddock (Frozen)
110gram Raw king prawns
1tbs Coconut oil
100gram Green bean trimmed
100gram Sweet potato
70gram Baby sweetcorn trimmed
1/2 Carrot sliced
1/2 Red pepper chunks chopped
20gram Fresh peppercorn with stem.
25gram Lesser galangal lengthways sliced.
1tsp Fish sauce
1tsp Light soy sauce
1tsp Oyster sauce
1/2tsp Dark soy sauce
20 Basil leaf
– Pre heat the oven at 200 Celsius.
– Wrap the smoked haddock in the baking paper parcel, drizzle with rapeseed oil.Then close the edge.
– Put the sweet potato on the baking tray , season with salt and pepper then drizzle with the rapeseed oil.
– Put the smoked haddock parcels and sweet potato in the oven for approx 20-25 minutes. In the mean time,start making the curry.
– Use an electric blender the roast red chilli, garlic, red onion, ginger, lemon grass purée, kiffir lime leafs, lime peels, lesser galangal, shrimp paste and salt until it forms a paste.
– Put the coconut oil in the pan , then add 4 tablespoons of the curry paste and gently heat for 5 minute. Then add 400 ml of water , bring it to boil.
– Add the green bean, baby sweetcorn,carrot,red pepper, fresh peppercorn, lesser galangal add season with sugar fish sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce,oyster sauce. Simmer for 25 minutes.
– Put the raw king prawn in the pot. Add a pinch of salt and turn the heat up and cover the pan for further 5 minutes.
– Fold the basil leafs in the pan. Then transfer the curry into the serving bowl. Scatter the roast sweet potato and lay the smoked haddock on top of the curry.
– Serve this homemade Jungle Curry with Thai Jasmine rice…yummy. Happy cooking.
If you prefer the spicy Jungle Curry ,uses all of the prepared curry paste.Happy cooking 🙋🏽.