Ingredients of Homemade Chicken Pad Thai :
2. Chicken breast-sliced
2tbs. Tamarind sauce
1tbs. Oyster sauce
2tbs. Fish sauce
2tbs. Peanut butter
180gram Dry rice noodle(Preferably thicker size)
3tbs. Coconut oil
3. Spring onion
6. Baby sweetcorn -Lengthwaysliced
50gram Mangetout or beansprout -trimmed
1/4. Red pepper -sliced
3 clove. Garlic-chopped
1tsp. Chilli flake or paprika(Optional)
1/4. Lemon or lime
1pinch . Salt
1pinch. Ground black pepper
1tsp. Dark soy sauce
– Mix the tamarind sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, honey and peanut butter in the bowl. This is your cooking sauce, to be added later.
– Heat half of prepared chopped garlic (that’s 1 1/2 cloves ) and mix with the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
– Add the chicken, salt,pepper,dark soy sauce into the same pan. Stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Transfer the chicken into separate plate. Return the same pan back on the hob ( no need to wash this pan)
– Turn the hob to high heat, then add the rest of garlic, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil ,dry noodles and 200ml of water. Once, the noodles become slightly soften, add 1 tablespoon of the cooking sauce. Mix the noodles and sauce together ,then add another 100ml of water and 1tablespoon of the cooking sauce.
– Add the last part of the water ,sauce ,baby sweetcorn, mangetout. Keep stirring until all ingredients bind together.Push the ingredients to one side of the pan and add 1 tbs of the coconut oil then the beaten egg .
-Wait until the egg cooked. Then stir all the ingredients together .The Noodles should be nice and soft.
– Lastly, put the spring onion, chilli flake and chicken into the pan mix it all together.Squeeze the lemon juice on top.
– That’s is it …your very own Homemade Chicken Pad Thai. Enjoy 😊.
-Serve with Chicory, raw bean sprout and crushed peanut 🥜 for extra crunchiness.
-Use a tong or fork with the spatulas whilst stirring to make sure that your noodles separate nicely.
-Enjoy Homemade Chicken Pad Thai