Grilled Vegetable Thai Green Curry (Vegan)
Ingredients for Thai green curry paste:
1 Small red onion-roughly chopped
1 Green Chilli-roughly chopped
1tbs Lemon grass purée
3 pieces Lemon peel
1/4tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4tsp Ground Cumin
1/4tsp Ground black pepper
1/2tsp. Agave Nectar
Ingredients for curry:
1/2 Big courgette-sliced
1/2 Big aubergine-sliced
1/2 Red pepper-sliced
1-2tbs Olive oil
1tbs Coconut oil
220ml Thai coconut milk
15 Basil leaf
1/2tbs Soy sauce
1/4tsp Lemon juice
– Put the red onion, green chilli, lemongrass purée,lemon peel, coriander ,honey salt,nutmeg,cumin,black pepper in an electric blender. You can also used a handheld electric blender and blend until the mixture form into paste.
– Mix the olive oil with all vegetables then season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
– Put the vegetable under the grill. However, I grilled mine about 3 minutes each side on the griddle pan for a lovely charcoal effect. Rest the vegetables on the kitchen towel once they cooked
– Heat the coconut oil with 3 tablespoon of the curry paste until sizzling, then add the coconut milk , soy sauce,sugar. Wait until this liquid mixture bubbling and simmer further about 10 minutes. Stir gently.
– Add the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.Then add the basil leafs and lemon juice.
– That is it…. job done. Serve this Grilled Vegetable Thai Green Curry(Vegan)with steamed Thai Jasmine rice , also good with a warm roti.
*Freeze the rest of the curry paste for next time.
*For non vegetarian, why don’t you serve this Grilled Vegetable Thai Green Curry with a fresh grilled mackerel? And..also a good glass of white wine or a pint of beer 🍻 Choose your pick.😉