Duck Noodle Soup
2. Duck breast
1/2. Mooli – peeled and sliced
1. Pak choi- cut the root out.
1. Chicken stock cube
1tbs. Oyster sauce
1tbs. Fish sauce
1tbs. Rapeseed oil
1 pinch. Ground black pepper
1 pinch Salt
1. Garlic clove- finely chopped
200gram. Cooked rice noodles
– Boil the mooli in the water until it’s soft and cooked.
– Add the chicken stock , oyster sauce , fish sauce , sugar and ground black pepper. Simmering the broth then start cooking the duck.
– Pre heat the oven at 200 Celsius .
– Season the duck breasts with salt, ground black pepper and drizzle with honey.
– Put the rapeseed oil in the pan. Then fry the duck breasts ( skin side down first) until it’s golden brown. Turn the over and fry for another 4 minutes. Do not clean the pan yet!
– Transfer the duck breasts onto the baking tray. Put it in the oven for approx 12-16 minutes.
– Whilst waiting for the duck .Flash fry the garlic in the pan which you just cooked the duck breasts in .Take it out of the pan .
– Cook the rice noodle according to the instruction on the package.
– Once the duck is cooked. Assemble the dish ,put the pak choi on the bottom, rice noodles, sliced duck breast, the broth, lastly drizzle the garlic oil on top. Enjoy this Duck Noodle Soup in style!
– The longer you simmer the broth , the tastier it will be. Just make sure that you keep top up the water and adjust the measurement accordingly. Duck Noodle soup perfect for winter and cooler summer nights.